Looking for opinions on tc electronic cabs

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jweber76, Aug 28, 2013.

1. jweber76

jweber76

Hey guys, I'm just looking for some thoughts and opinions on a new cab. I just purchased an Ampeg PF 350 and am now shopping for a cab to go with it. I play with a band that works in small to medium sized venues and plays rock covers from the 80s-today and a light sprinkling of original tunes that have a similar vibe and sound.
    I've been looking at the tc electronic 2x12 and 2x10 cabs (leaning towards the 2x12) but wanted to hear what the talk bass community thought about which cabs would be the best match for the PF 350. Big factors are weight and (the biggest factor) cost, I would like to stay at or below the $399 price point of the 2x12. I always have PA support so I don't think volume is an issue and I almost always gig one of my Fender jazz basses. Thanks
    -John
  2. LM Bass

LM Bass

I use the tc 212 all the time. For me, it sounds much more full in the low register than the 210. Great speakers at a great price. I use the rh450, so I can't comment on the Ampeg.
  3. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender Supporting Member

I use the RS210 in the band practice room. I've liked it with the RH450, the Eden WTX260, and now I leave the Yamaha BBT500H there.

For gigs, I use one or two RS112s with the Aguilar TH500. Very nice. Love the easy lifting.
  4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good

Disclosures:
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jweber76

jweber76

I am particularly interested in the BC212. The RS212 looks awesome but is a little more than I want to spend for a new one. If I could find a used one I'd grab the RS for sure!
    -John
  7. grey area

grey area

i have the 210 and it realy got me out of trouble last sunday when my mesa ph 15 went tits up. i got by with the 210 in a big room, open to the beach. i have just ordered the 212 but it wont arrive until monday so i'm gonna have to use the 210 for an outside gig on sunday afternoon with a bit of pa support. i will report back after the 7 th september after i have done another outside gig with the 210 and 212. i think i might be getting a second 212 if all goes well with the first. i like the sound i get with the 210 with my GK MB FUSION 500. i play mostly 60s covers.