Looking for pedal suggestions - Xerograph or...?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tracer03, Jan 25, 2013.

1. tracer03

tracer03

Hey, all. My wife made me an offer last night (not THAT kind...:smug: ) - quit smoking, and she'll buy me a pedal.

Difficulty: Under $200.

Here's what I have currently:

Crybaby Bass Wah
    Pork Loin
    Sansamp Para Driver
    Joyo Voodoo Octave
    Boss Bass Chorus
    Boss DD3
    Boss PH3
    Boss BF2
    Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo
    Digitech Whammy 4
    Guyatone BR2 (going up for sale this weekend)
    Boss RC3

Music I play: Post-rock (think Tool + Rush + some Foo Fighters with a sprinkling of QOTSA). I also noodle on my own - ambient noisey stuff.

I've tested out other dirt pedals (El Oso, Tubescreamers,Big Muff, etc.) and I think I'm set there. I've also tried some bit crusher type pedals, and they're not my thing.

I've been talking about getting an Iron Ether Xerograph Deluxe, but I'm not sure if it would be useful (or fit with what I do). Since I can't test one out locally, it's tough to say.

I guess I'm looking for synth-ey, unusual pedals that could work with what I already have, or bring something new.

Thanks in advance!
  2. M Sterling

M Sterling Gold Supporting Member

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with the Xero D. I've used it in every style imaginable and it always works for me. But I'm very much in love with everything IE so...
  3. Masashi is God

Masashi is God

Do electronic cigarettes count as giving giving up?

I bought one about six months ago, haven't had a prop per smoke since, but still get all my nicotine goodness :)
  4. tigerbass

tigerbass Supporting Member

Xerograph Deluxe and don't look back. I just finished my solo instrumental cd last nite, and out of the 7 songs I probably used it on 6 of them. The funny thing is I never once even used it as a traditional filter! (which it does quite well)
    That thing is the most incredible pedal ever for creating.
  5. tracer03

tracer03

@Masashi is God: For the terms of the agreement, Electric cigs wouldn't count. She made it clear. :meh:

@Tigerbass - what other fx were you using it with? Since I can't test drive one locally, I'm diving in based on the few clips I've seen here and on the intertubes.
  6. JuanBass0012

JuanBass0012

You should try a MXR Bass Envelope Filter. It's a fun pedal to mess with and get different sounds. I'm still experimenting it with other pedals
  7. tracer03

tracer03

That's been on the short list for a while - ever since I thought of selling the BR2. But the Xerograph seems like it's got a few more tricks up its' sleeve (beyond being a filter).