Looking for service/individuals that tab/chart bass parts

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by mr sprocket, Dec 19, 2012.

1. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

So I am stepping into an 80s project which is going to require a crash course and quite a few songs. Some are obscure. With the other tasks I have I am going to need some help.

So I am looking for people that tab or chart bass lines. I have seen a few guys that chart out songs for entire bands with horns etc. I need someone to only work the bass parts. Anyone here at TB do this work or know someone that does?

2. obimark

obimark

Are you willing to pay for this service? (pretty important point to clarify).

3. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Yes I am willing to pay. It would be nice if I could find some already charted out. That might be cheaper than having a song charted for the first time.

4. obimark

obimark

There are several excellent people who do this, Arcellus Sykes is one of the best I have worked with. Check out his site for his work.

There are a lot of decent bass tabs already on the net, but you will have to use your ears to separate the good from the bad/ Try ultimate-guitar.com as well.
    Sheet music direct has a pretty decent selection bass tabs at a couple of bucks each as well.

THis all depends on how obscure the stuff your playing is? Most of the Cure songs are on the net for instance. (and most are well done).

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Some of the songs are not on the typical tab sites. Sometimes the tabs are not close. I looked Arcellus Sykes site. He has some good charts available as free downloads. Looks like he does good work on not just the figuring out the part but also transcribing it.

7. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Here is a list I am working on now.

Goodnight Song - Tears For Fears
    The Killing Moon - Echo and The Bunnymen
    Made of Stone - The Stone Roses
    The Cutter - Echo and The Bunnymen
    Loving The Alien - David Bowie
    All Night Long - Peter Murphy
    Talk Talk - Talk Talk
    Wicked Little Town - Hedwig and the Angry Inch