1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Looking for source for Fender bass bridge saddles

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bherman, Feb 10, 2013.

1. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

I need to replace the saddles on the bridge on my Fender 5 string. Right now it has the saddles with the single groove in it, I am looking for the ones that are threaded (have ridges all the way across the saddle) so that I can shift the string location slightly.

I've tried all the usual parts suppliers online (stew Mac, Angela, allparts, etc) and none of them list these types of saddles.

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to locate these? If any of you parts guys or builders have some in a drawer that you are willing to sell, please let me know....

Thx!
  2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

exactly which fender 5-string?

allparts has 4-string sets of vintage threaded saddles, and they're cheap enough you could probably stomach buying 2 sets to get the 5th saddle.

basspartsresource has the USA fender 5-string bridges with the threaded saddles.

the issue here is that these threaded saddles are the wide, vintage-spaced variety, and so too big for lots of other 5-strings, which are more narrow.
  3. bherman

Thx, I'll contact them. They are 3/4" wide (each saddle).
  4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

Then these should all fit. What kind of bass is it?
  5. bherman

It's a Squier Deluxe 5......fitted with a Jazz 5 neck.