1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Looking for Surf Green 5 String

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4stringtech, Dec 7, 2013.

1. 4stringtech

4stringtech

So.... I've been scouring the internet and I have it in my mind that I'd really like a surf green 5 string to go along with my other basses. I'd prefer if it wasn't a J type bass, but I have a feeling it will be. I'm not a fan of MM's, or J basses, but if it's sweet looking I'd be interested.... Does anyone know where I might be able to find one?
  2. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

Do you have the budget and means to put your own together? I hear good things about warmoth.
  3. Grateful

Grateful Supporting Member

Budget?
  4. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Musicman and Carvin both make 5-strings that can be ordered in that color, I believe.
  5. H3nchman

H3nchman

I do not have personal experience, but the Lakland 55-64 comes in Surf Green.
  6. DerekMcC

DerekMcC Supporting Member

Here are my Carvins . . . I love them:

1708_00_3.jpg
    00a.jpg

The green is a little darker than it appears in these pictures.