1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Looking for vintage parts - Eko violin bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by heyoka, Nov 13, 2012.

1. heyoka

heyoka

Greetings fellow purveyors of low frequencies...

I'm a bassist living and working in Toronto, my very first bass was and still is an early 60's Eko violin-shaped lovely, however, over the years the machine heads have sort of gone loose. So, I'm searching all over for a replacement set. I know the LoDuca Brothers in Milwaukee were the one and only place to get the original parts, and they seem to have disappeared.
    If anyone knows anything I don't would they please direct me to where I could find a set.
    I'm in Canada, but the mail system makes things easy.
    And before anyone should suggest just swapping them with something close, the problem is the mounting plate for the machine head has 3 screws as opposed to the majority of tuners I've seen that have 4. I'd really rather not drill 2 more holes into the old dear's headstock if I don't have to.
    Vintage is vintage after all...
    Thanks for any help anyone can offer...
  2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Keep an eye open on Ebay as well you might want to contact these people who have had (in the past and still may have) lots of Eko replacement parts.

http://www.brandoniguitars.co.uk/

Good luck

TD