1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Looking to buy my first moog pedal: Mf104m or Mf108

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SG-Jazz, Feb 9, 2013.

1. SG-Jazz

SG-Jazz

Hey guys I am torn between upgrading my Boss Bf2 or My carbon Copy delay. I have the funds to purchase either The moog 104m analog delay or the 108 clusterflux. Which pedal do you think gets better reviews overall, does a better job at what it does, and has better longterm value? If you guys have other suggestions for other brands, another moog recommendation, or a better flanger or delay choice I am all ears as well.

Thanks ahead!!!
  2. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

I think the Phasor is way cool. Funk in a box. The murf is perhaps the most powerful stomp box filter going. A Phd to operate is recommended
  3. SG-Jazz

SG-Jazz

I hear the mf103 is amazing, the only criticism is that it doesnt have a wet/dry knob. Dunno if I should get it over the 104 or 108. Perhaps getting the 103 and having cash leftover is a plus.

Someone talk me out of or into the moog delay or flanger please.
  4. bassproduction

bassproduction

i have the clusterflux, the moog phaser, and the bf-2 flanger. i've borrowed both the carbon copy and an older moog delay. i think they're all great pedals.

personally i think the clusterflux would be the place to start for bass. the range of chorus and flanger sounds is outta this world. it does some stuff that isn't possible with other pedals. plus i think you can find it cheaper than the delay. however, i think the cool thing about the moog delay is the midi capability. the moog phaser is also amazing on bass.

imo, the clusterflux is more of a step up from the bf-2 than the moog delay is from the carbon copy - especially if its for bass guitar.
  5. SG-Jazz

SG-Jazz

Couldnt resist. I just ordered the clusterflux! Cant wait to get it, its my first moog and hopefully last unless I win the lottery or something.