1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Looking to get my EP reviewed...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by nicklathambass, Feb 9, 2013.

1. nicklathambass

nicklathambass

First of all I need to apologise for being hopeless at using forums. I posted a similar thread on Basschat yesterday and wanted to here as well. I'm gonna make myself get the hang of using these forums cos they're great! And also I don't want any of you thinking I was ungrateful or some kind of douchebag for seeming to disappear after you helped me win the Sandberg contest last year. I haven't forgotten that and never will! I promise I'll be posting here a lot more. :)

Now I've got that off my chest, I was wondering if you could help me again...
    I released my debut EP 'Can't Sleep In Silence' a month after I won the Sandberg contest. It's on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, and Routenote Direct. I got some reviews from fans, which of course I massively appreciate too, but I'm looking for some music blogs, magazines, websites or even radio programmes to review it and help me get a little more exposure.

I'm happy to announce that the reason I'm looking for some more exposure is that I finally have a band together to perform my music! We're beginning rehearsals very soon and I'm hoping to start gigging within a couple of months or so. With that in mind, it'd be quite nice.. y'know.. if people actually came to my gigs!? :D

So yes. Dedicated music review blogs, magazines, websites and radio programmes is what I'm aiming for.. but I'm having a really hard time getting in touch with them. I was wondering if you guys could hook me up with some contacts? Email addresses preferably.

That being said, I would love to hear what you guys think of it too.
    You can listen to it for free on Spotify of course, but it's also free on this Routenote page and there are no ads. :)

Thanks for your time, and I just wanna say again that I'm going to post here much more! I promise!!
    Cheers.
    Nick
  2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Disclosures:
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Send a copy to Bass Player mag.
  3. nicklathambass

nicklathambass

I emailed them already. :)