1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Looking to purchase starter bass. Would you recommend this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alvis99, Jan 20, 2014.

1. alvis99

alvis99

2. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Supporting Member

Welcome!

So did you win the auction?

I don't have any personal experience with this model but Ibbys get a lot of love on TB and if this one is in good shape it should serve you well for a long time
  3. Reddog01

Reddog01

That Ibby should be a good starter for you.
  4. alvis99

alvis99

Purchased the bass this morning. :)

Hoping to pick it up tomorrow. :bassist:
  5. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

Good to hear. Those are fine starters - much better than the junk we had back in the day!
  6. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member

I don't know what era you're referring to by "back in the day", but I started playing in 1974... and you COULDN'T be more right!
  7. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

Welcome to TB!

Also started back in the 70s. I remember looking in mom's Sears catalog and lusting over what I know now was complete garbage.
  8. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

I started in 71 on a Tiesco Del Ray!!!!
  9. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

I had one of those, also quite a few other Ergodynes, EDA900, EDA905, EDB400, EDB600 and EDC700.
    The Ergodynes I did have though were Luthite, the one you have is wood (that's a good thing though- wood sounds better)

It is comparable to the SR300 model (the starter model of the SR series) in terms of sound and functionality,actually a little bit better in terms of clarity compared to the SR300.
    Good bass to start off with, welcome to TB.