Looks like I'll be switching auto insurance companies soon

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Armueller2001, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

State Farm raised our rates again so I'm shopping around. I've found the best rates with

Liberty Mutual
    Esurance

They have pretty comparable premiums. Has anyone worked with claims and had good/bad experiences with these companies?

:help:
  2. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

State Farm has been pretty awesome with my family. If you haven't done this already, I'd suggest talking to your agent to tell them that you're planning on leaving and why. They typically don't want to lose clients, so they'll probably work with you if you just give them some notice.
  3. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

I told them our situation that we can save over $700 per year switching companies and all they could tell me was we have all available discounts and that is the lowest price they can offer...
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

In my experience buying auto insurance, 25+ years now, I don't remember negotiating premiums with agencies. They gathered my info, gave me a quote with my desired coverages, showed me some additional discounts I may qualify for by adding other products, and that was it. I don't recall going to insurance company B and showing them the quote from insurance company A, then having B price match or beat A.

What I do remember is company B trying to beat the quote from company A by offering less coverage and/or higher deductibles. So while it looked on paper like I was saving money, it wasn't an equal comparison.

-Mike
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. groooooove

groooooove

i've always had state farm

i loved that from ages 17-21 or so my rate kept going up with a reason of "inexperienced driver"

as i became more experienced, they insist i was less experienced.

but, it is actually the cheapest for me.

i like how easy it was to get a quote/buy progressive when i needed it for my motorcycle.