loose tone switch

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by StayEzio, Oct 26, 2013.

  1. StayEzio


    Oct 20, 2013
    I have three switches on my bass that changes the tone. Not sure what they are called. One of them are loose is it possible to fix it ?
  2. JLS

    JLS Supporting Member

    Sep 12, 2008
    Emeryville, Ca
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    Very likely; consider using a tool known as a, "wrench".
  3. StayEzio


    Oct 20, 2013
    Thank for great answer !
  4. Zooberwerx

    Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

    Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Addendum: You may need to remove the control cavity cover and support the switch from inside while tightening the retaining nut on the front surface.

  5. Sponsored by:

  6. Pilgrim

    Pilgrim Supporting Member

    And be careful not to scratch the finish. Wrenches slip easily.

Play guitar too? Become a founding member of TalkGuitar.com