Lordy...British Royals again

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Lady Kayri, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Lady Kayri

Lady Kayri

I'm happy they are happy that Kate is preggers, but I wish the US media wouldn't go all ga ga over the event. Several of the talking heads, male as well as female, have said stuff along the lines of 'the folks in the US are as excited about Kate being pregnant as the British." Ummm...no. The media may be excited, but most people I've talked to are more like meh... Yeah, sorry, venting...:rolleyes:
  2. MarthaSamira

MarthaSamira

3. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    I don't know anyone who would care in the least.
  4. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    And I doubt that very many British people care either.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jrthebassguy

jrthebassguy Supporting Member

My ancestors literally fought to the death so that I wouldn't have to follow what the British royal family is up to. I honor their sacrifice by not giving two ****s about the royals. :D
  7. stratovani

stratovani

Well said, jr! :D
  8. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

They tried to bring it up on a serious current affairs radio panel discussion yesterday. The guest panel declined to participate except to tell the host off for disrespecting the listening audience with piffle.

That panel member is the comedian brought in to lighten the discussions with "man in street" observations. The rest are experts in the various topics of the day.

They were talking about the issue of compensation for wrongful imprisonment. There was guy locked up for a lot longer than he needed to be when he protested innocence. It went all the way to UK highest court and he won. They called the evidence unreliable, criticized the police investigation and prosecution.

A lot of people still think he murdered his whole family. He would have been out on paraole a lot sooner but he refused. The relatives brought a civil case against him which failed too.

He's totally broke at 40 years old. So he put in a claim for some govt cash. Govt said we'll look into it. Over and over again they have looked into it and the latest "looking into it" was supposed to be binding on the govt to do something or nothing and put it to bed.

They just got the report from the Canadian supreme court judge: "Pay the guy" "he wuz wronged" " balance of probabilites" etc. Response: "we'll look into it".

The radio show left that to talk about royal sprogmaking.
  9. N.F.A.

N.F.A. Supporting Member

Loved your post Downunderwonder! Anytime you can read "piffle" and "sprogmaking" in one short post, well life is good! Too cool man!
  10. ShredderMaximus

ShredderMaximus

Didn't know till this post and will probably forget in 5 minutes.
  11. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star Supporting Member

Royal pudding
  12. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

You think you guys see to much Royal B.S., trying living in the colonies. Hahaha. Newspaper headlines, the whole works. When I was 11 or 12 I used to draw in my school books plans to assassinate the queen, rather than do work. This will probably be my last post, as MI6 will be on my case :p
  13. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Hope the mother and child stay healthy.

That's about as far as my interest goes. The news report is right, people in the US are just as excited as those in the UK (ie, not).
  14. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

I never understood why people take so much interest in other people's lives.

Some woman on the planet is pregnant. Big deal, so are hundreds of thousands others.

Some man ( a musician perhaps, maybe an actor) was sighted drunk in a bar last weekend. Big deal, so were a million other man.

I don't get it, I just don't.:eyebrow:
  15. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

I suspect a lot of people must have really dull lives . . .
  16. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much Supporting Member

Beat me to it!
  17. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

I've seen a few Facebook posts by one of the news stations here about "What should they name their child?" and I could really care less. Perhaps there are the usual bunch of people (woman mostly) who get swept away in celebrity fantasy who care, but on the whole, the U.S. could care less.
  18. SoVeryTired

Couldn't care less. If you could care less it means that you care at least a small amount to start with. If you couldn't care less you're already at zero.

Hope this helps.

:)
  19. Tony Flow MMMM

Tony Flow MMMM Supporting Member

Always trying to think of another view point..... There is only one prince and princess of England who will soon have the future queen/king... I think that's how it works. There not just some couple pregnant. That would by like saying, going see your favorite bassist play live is the same as seeing any old guy with a 4 string pluck away.

I never realized how messed up the king/queen deal was.
  20. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Beat me to it this time!
  21. SoVeryTired

Tag team!