1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Loss of signal

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Arjankoster, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Arjankoster

Arjankoster

Hey guys,

I have an old marshall bass 60 amp, I believe it's calld 5506 or something. Anyway, every 30 seconds or so my signal becomes very weak for a few seconds and then comes back in. This repeats over and over. Could this be a loose contact or something? It's bothering the hell out of me so help would me much appreciated!

Greetings
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Could be any number of things. Does it have an fx loop? If so, try a short patch cable. Could be a cold solder joint, loose wire, may need an amp tech if the fx loop trick doesn't work.
  3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

It's tech time!

That's your best bet.
  4. Arjankoster

Arjankoster

Hmm I was hoping to avoid the amp tech, but I guess that's what you can expect with an amp that's nearly 30 years old :D