1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Lost Modulus Graphite SPI-5 Extra Wide Spalted Sugar Maple

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by tds2277, May 24, 2011.

1. tds2277

tds2277

Hello Everyone This was my Baby and she, was NOT Stolen, I simply lost it due to my Stupidity? Which I still regret Daily

I am merely looking for the Present owner of this Bass, just to stay in contact with him or her, Because if or when he or she decides to get rid of it, I would like to be the one that gets her back, There is a Ton of sentimental value to this bass.
    As Far as I understand someone from Europe had purchased it, so where it is now, I do not know.

You might be thinking to yourself, Why didn’t this guy look for it before? Awnser: I have been looking for it since I lost it a few years ago, I’ve looked on every web page I could find

I custom ordered this bass from Mike Hawkins at First Bass in Denver on Jan 28th-1995, Mike actually went to Modulus in San Fransisco and Hand Picked out the Wood, I know this, because he called me from Modulus and asked me if it would be ok that he pick out the top, as he was having a 10 String Made of the Exact Top.

I will try to post some pics of it, here are the specs

Serial # 951774
    Modulus Graphite SPI-5 Extra Wide- In 1995 /1996, there was no such thing as a Extra Wide 5, so it has a 6 String neck with only 5 Strings on it, as I understand this to be true?
    Spalted Sugar Maple Top Alder Back
    Gold Hardware DC Humbuckers 18Volt
    I did have the Bridge Modified to accept the ABM Individual bridge/saddles, this was Done by Lee at
    The Bass Place on 05-08-2000

If anyone has seen it or knows where it is, Please contact me, I would love to know where she is.

There is a huge History of this Bass, From getting it Stolen, and I got it back, to Pawning it so My wife could have an Emergency Life Saving Operation...this Bass has Stories to Tell

Thank you Sincerely Terry - Please see pics Below

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. tds2277

tds2277

Hello Again, Im still looking for this Bass, If anyone knows where she is, please let me know, I simply would like to stay in contact with her new owner, just in case that person decides to EVER sell her, I would like to be the first consideration...I mean this with all Sincereity...Please help me locate this Amazing Bass, It just has so much Sentimental Value to me, My name is Terry Scott if you feel you would like to email me, please feel free to do so terryscott@q.com Thankyou So Much for helping me in this Personal Quest. Sincerely Terry
  3. tds2277

tds2277

Has anyone Seen this Bass ANYWHERE? help
  4. tds2277

tds2277

Update on this post, there has got to be someone out there that has seen this bass, Anything? anywhere, I would like to know where she is, and I dont want to make the owner uncomfortable or anything like that, I just would like to be the first one in line in case the owner decides to sell her? There is lots of History and sentimental value in this Bass, Please help, Ive signed up to every Bass Forum out there, and still nothing, So again if anyone has seen this bass anywhere in the world, please let me know..Sincerely Thank you Terry
  5. tds2277

tds2277

Another Update, Im still looking for this Bass, any possible leads would be greatly appreciated..I sincerely Thankyou
  6. tds2277

tds2277

Just a heads up, I got a hold of the Pawnshop owner, and he has agreed to let me speak to the person in charge of all of his Internet transactions, on Wed, Feb 29th so hopefully I can get the EBAY sellers ID and the Item number, then I can call Ebay and they will tell me where it went, and be able to track down this Bass....Ebay told me when I called them, If I have the Item number, then it can be tracked in thier system, no matter when it was sold...So keep your fingers crossed for me ok? Ill keep you updated?
    Terry
  7. tds2277

tds2277

Another Update, the Pawnsop employee that is helping me locate this bass, is a bit lost as he is unable to remember what the Ebay ID was, appearantly they contracted that out to someone else, to sell thier items, and he cannot remember or get a hold of this person, so for now it sits dead in the water, so hopefully soon a positive bubble will appear and shed some light on this. If anyone has any info regarding this Modulus SPI-5 Customer Bass Spalted maple top, please let me know, again and again I thank you!
  8. tds2277

tds2277

Any one seen this Bass, it may aslo be called a Modulus QW5 however on the original reciept it says SPI-5 Custom....Im still looking for this bass, any of you Modulus Mob Members seen this, please let me know? thankyou Terry
  9. tds2277

tds2277

I am still looking for this BASS anyone seen it please let me know? Sentimental Value
  10. tds2277

tds2277

Well I thought I would post another message that hopefully someone out there has seen this bass, it is time for her to come home, Sometimes finding something that you want takes time passion and drive, So Ill keep searching, if anyone out there has seen this bass please let me know, I sincerely appreciate it..Terry

www.tricusmusic.com
  11. jdwhitak

jdwhitak Supporting Member

How did you lose something so important to you?
  12. tds2277

tds2277

I honestly have no awnser for that question other than stupidity? I still had 2 days left to get it out of the Pawnshop before they could legally sell it? But I didnt know that untill just this year, when I finally tracked down the Pawnshop owner, But legally there is nothing I can do now, that was years ago....But my passion and drive to find This Bass is forever instilled in me? It has a huge history. Have you by chance seen it anywhere, I simply would like to communicate with the new owner, and perhaps buy it back, when or if the new owner is willing or ready to sell it? Thankyou for looking at the post, Sincerely Terry
  13. thebandcircle

thebandcircle

I saw this bass on guitar center's used gear site maybe 10 months ago. Sorry I can't remember exactly where, but I remember the wide-spacing and gold hardware. Also the wood grain was very unique. I was searching for the same specs in a Modulus and saw this one. I called about the serial number and it was a 1995. I hope this helps you...
  14. tds2277

tds2277

OH, You are the first to give me any feedback on actually seeing the bass, I was told it was sold to a guy in Europe? I want to seriously and sincerely say thankyou at least I know its still in the USA, Im sure you already know this, but any other information that you may have pertaining to this Bass, I know you said you cant remember the Guitar Center it was located at, Possibly when you called they may have awnsered the phone with thier location? Was it just a general 800# DO you remember how much they were selling it for? I wonder if I called them would they be able to tell me that it was infact my bass based on the serial number? Well you really got me very excited this morning about this, so the search goes on, Im going to find this Bass, Ive been looking for years, and through drive determination and my passion, I will find it. Thank you again...Sincerely Terry
  15. thebandcircle

thebandcircle

I'm gonna check some old emails, might have pictures they sent. I'm not sure how much help Guitar Center would be? Colorado is the first place that comes to mind though...
  16. tds2277

tds2277

Thank you again for communicating with me, and yes please Please do, I again sincerely appreciate any and all help, if you have any pics can you please email them to me, as then I would know for sure if in fact that was my bass, I have a high spam filter on my email, so let me know if you do send them and ill let you know I got them, Thank you thank you thank you!!! Its interesting you say Colorado, as that is the Place I ordered it from when Mike Hawkins owned First Bass in Denver.
  17. tds2277

tds2277

This is for thebandcircle, I was just wondering did you get a chance to look through your old emails, I did Call Guitar Center in Colorado, and they searched the entire data bass for a Modulus, but mine didnt come up, they went back all the way to YR 2010, so any help would again be greatly appreciated, Thank you Terry
  18. tds2277

tds2277

UPDATE, UPDATE A Member on TalkBass has got a hold of me and said they saw my bass It was being sold on guitarcenter.com's website, In fact he got an email of the Bass, and described it to me as my exact Bass, He unfortunately deleted the Email after he bought a Status ( Hey Status S2 Classic - What a Fantastic Bass ) Anyway in Colorado the downfall to this is this was 10 Months ago, well Im very passionate about finding it, so I called the guitar center actually all 5 of them, and Finally got a hold of a Manager and he did a search for the Serial number and the Model number, but nothing came up, He told me that depending on how the Bass was entered into the computer, is how he can find it, Meaning if the Associate whom entered it into the system, Spelled Modulus wrong, or used a different heading such as Modulas, or QW5 or Wide 5, He would actually have to search for each and every variable, they cannot do a accurate search and be able to find it ...unless it is exactly what was entered into the Computer. So that being said, it was sold from Guitar Center in Colorado somewhere, so as far as I can tell it is still in the USA.....So Please Please keep your eyes out, again any and all help is appreciated...Just for everyones peace of mind, I would just like to know where the Bass is, and in case that time comes the owner would like to sell it, I would like to be first in line to purchase it....Terry