1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Loveee the Boss OC-2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mouthmw, Feb 8, 2013.

1. mouthmw

mouthmw Supporting Member

Just spreading some love on this classic octaver. Mine is a 1994 MIT version. Finally got to play it on a rehearsal with the band. Man is this thing good! Warm fat synthy filth! I used to own EBS Octabass and hated it. OC2 eats it for lunch IMO! I was really pleased with the tracking too! I don't even use a compressor and this thing tracked down to low D#! Damn my technique must be good! :D But seriously, I'm totally in love with it. Extra shout out to Boss BF-2B flanger which also kicked ass, especially in combinations with oc2, dirt and delay. Love those old Boss pedals!
  2. Phagor

Phagor

Me too! I avoided this pedal for ages because of anti-boss snobbery. I went through lots of octave pedals including the EBS, but now I've got two OC2s, I'm done - I love them!
  3. BassMonstrum

BassMonstrum

I started out with the EBS Octabass, got digital with the Micro POG, back to analog with the MXR BOD before I made the transition to an MIJ OC-2. Bought an MIT OC-2 because two is fun and one is none...
  4. mouthmw

mouthmw Supporting Member

Oh I also had a Digitech BSW, and the octave was not bad, but compared to OC-2 it was totally characterless and didn't jump this good in the band mix.
  5. Wookieonbass

Wookieonbass

Well shoot, Pino Palladino built a career with one. That's good enough for me!
  6. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

I started/ended my octave search with my octron 2, until I traded for an OC-2. I love the octron 2 for its bigness and versatility but it doesn't sound like the OC-2! I now have two OC-2's! :)
  7. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Love mine too. I've got 3 of them just in case something happens...
  8. MilkyMcMilkMilk

MilkyMcMilkMilk

I always feel like I'm using too much volume with the OC-2.
    BOD seemed a lot easier to get loud with.
  9. willsellout

willsellout

I've got an MIJ OC-2 that's out for repair right now. Love that thing.
  10. karstetterpj

karstetterpj

Disclosures:
    Commercial User
    I have an MIJ 'Octaver' labeled one that sounds beautiful. Currently looking for a MIT OC-2 to synth mod because it seems like there are more clear instructions out there for modding the MIT as opposed to the MIJ. I wouldn't even be mad if someone proved me wrong.
  11. shirojiro

shirojiro

I love the Boss OC-2. I have one that I bought used in 88, and just got another one locally for $25 with Boss adaptor!

It's velcroed, and in pulling off the velcro, I pulled off the label. Grr. Maybe some acetone will help me get it separated...

Love the tone. Pino all the way!

Just looked back - what's with all of us having more than 1 OC-2? Hoarding???

Attached Files:

12. Spaldo

Spaldo

My first pedal was an OC-2. I still have it. And love it.
  13. kaputsport

kaputsport

Disclosures:
    Atypical, not a typical...
    Safe to say I love mine as well...