Loving my '99 Jazz Bass with new Fender 8250-5M string!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by jsegovia, Nov 28, 2013.

1. jsegovia

jsegovia

The strings on my '99 Jazz Bass V haven't been changed for a while and were really due. I wanted dytomhd that will give me a very nice Fender bass growl and be versatile enough to let me do lighter styles as well. And I really wanted to avoid ultra bright modern sounding bass tone.

I've head that the old Fender 8250-M strings were really nice but the new ones are different and not as good, but for the price I didn't have much to lose trying them out. I got them in the mail and put then on my bass and instantly my bass was where I wanted it to be. It sounds fantastic, alive and full with that very nice Fender growl but also nice and round sounding when I'm a little less aggressive. They also feel very nice and comfortable to play.

The B string sounds awesome - right in line with the top four strings. I think this is my bass string from now on. My four string '12 Jazz Bass won't need strings for a while but this is definitely what I'll try first.

I read the new strings don't quite fit the basses when stringing through the body but I had no trouble at all - the length of the string through the body and over the bridge is perfect. I did have to cut the top end off the higher strings so I didn't have too much wound around the posts but other than that the strings are perfect.

Here's a vote for the Fender 8250-5M strings!

2. Tim Brosnan

Tim Brosnan

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with Fender strings, especially since their redesign back in 2010. Enjoy them :hyper: