1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Loving the DR Hi-Beam's!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Redhotbassist, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Hi talk-bass, It has been almost 2 year's since i put some new string's on this bass! and can't believe i haven't sooner.. i have been using the Warwick Red and Black Label strings since owning the Warwick but decided to go for a change and went with the DR Hi-beams, and they sound awesome, never had this bass sound as good before, they really compliment the Nordstrand pickup's aswell, very happy!

Here is a clip:

Let me know what you think, and your past or present experience with them.

Cheer's
    Bill.

2. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

That's a great clip!

I just put a set of Hi-Beams on my G&L L2000 custom last week. I have heard so much about DR's I had to give them a try, I'm digging the feel but the sound is certainly not as gnarly as my Rotosounds that I'm used to. I have a threaded started below about my findings. They really are nice strings.
    Take Care,
    Brent

3. jbailes

jbailes

Nice slap tone, bud. DRs are the only string I'll buy. Had a set of hi beams on a warwick thumb (before I got rid of it) and was impressed with those strings. I got fat beams on one jazz, sunbeams on another jazz, and nickel plated low riders on yet another jazz.

4. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to trying the Lo-rider's and the black beauties aswell!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I stopped string hunting it's only Labella I think I've been thru every model

7. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

I dont think i need to string hunt after discovering these beauties.. What string's are you currently with??

8. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

love the hi beams on my sb-2 for industrial, horror punk, and post punk, hopefully my L2000 will be here in LA today or tomorrow and i can check out what brentsimons is experiencing soon

9. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Yeah man, they will work great in almost every genre! have you tried the black beauties?

10. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Not trying to sway you to or from any string... But just for informational sake... DR Dragon Skin's are essentially coated Hi-Beams. Black Beauties are a NPS Coated String, Think Sunbeams.

11. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Ok, i'll look into them! i'm up for trying out any set of strings to see how i get on with them, or how they might compliment my tone :)

12. MycooLeeyun

MycooLeeyun Supporting Member

13. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

cheers dude! :)