1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Low E louder than rest of strings...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by rebel1222, Feb 8, 2013.

1. rebel1222

rebel1222

Ok, as the titles states, I am wondering why my low E string is so much louder, (it seems anyway), than the rest of the strings? The pick ups are the same distance from all 4 of the strings.. not sure why this is.. does someone have a reason for this, and a suggestion for how to compansate?

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. lbridenstine

lbridenstine

Have you tried adjusting the EQ on your amp?

3. mrbell321

mrbell321

Is it just the open E, or do all notes sound louder than equivalent notes on higher strings?

4. rebel1222

rebel1222

well, i have adjusted it to get what i think is the best tone i can acheive a while back and have left it, i was playing thru muy backup rig, and 2nd band's rehearsal space.. i really noticed this more last night than other nights for some reason.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rebel1222

rebel1222

All notes sound louder on the low E string.. all the way down to the 12th fret

7. Lonnybass

Lonnybass

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    Try lowering your pickup on the E string side a little bit at a time until things balance out.

Lonnybass

8. rebel1222

rebel1222

9. dtripoli

dtripoli

On my bass, my pick up is lowest at E string and highest at G string.
    This gives me even volume on all strings