1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Low End LET-5 - Dakota Red, Modded (by Brian), Flawless, has to go. :(

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Scatterblak, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Scatterblak

Scatterblak

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist for Low End bass guitars, DNA Amplification
    [​IMG]

**-- Update - Brian told me this is the *only* Dakota Red TBird he made - if you want a Low End T-Bird that screams 'LOOK AT ME', this is the one you want.

Ok, as heartbreaking as it is, I'm going to have to either trade my precious Low End Thunderbird 5 or sell it outright. It's hands-down the best sounding bass I've ever owned - it's got Brian's LE pre in it (two band active - and I mean *active*. The amount of boost/cut is staggering) and it's been modded from vol/vol/bass/treb to vol/pan/bass/treb with a pan between neck and bridge pups. The pups are Brian’s stacked humbuckers; the small toggle is basically an on-board boost that enables all 4 pups at once - if you've got a solo and you need some additional db with more bottom, just kick the toggle and it becomes a monster. It's a really beautiful instrument, flawless as far as I can tell - I honestly don't think there's a single ding on it (as opposed to my LEJ-5, which I've played the crap out of). Note that it's hanging in the shop right now - I'm also consigning it at the LE, but you'll save a couple of hundred bucks going directly through me.

[​IMG]

This one is a 34" scale, the front strap button has been moved to reduce neck dive, and it sounds like a fist full of dynamite. The red is glossy, and also goes up the back of the set neck. This one retailed with the options it has (Maple board, ash body, I believe, though it may be alder - can't remember right now) for $3050.00. I don't don't don't want to let it go, but for a lot of the tour/live work I've got coming up, I need a P-Bass (as in, an LEP-5 from Brian).

[​IMG]

I'm looking to get $2400 for it. Price includes a hard shell case (an actual Epiphone TBird case). Any questions, please post or IM. If you're in the Nashville area, ding me and c'mon by and play it. :) I might consider an interesting trade of similar value. I promise you this - this bass is everything you think it could be, and more - if I bought it online and it arrived as advertised, I'd be beyond ecstatic. It's a once in a lifetime bass.

--Sean
  2. olegsulimov

olegsulimov

Who bought this beauty? ))