1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

low-volume, high-pitched buzz

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by nickwhittaker, Jan 9, 2014.

1. nickwhittaker

nickwhittaker

I recently bought and used some Deoxit on my scratchy volume knobs and it worked wonders (thanks to all the info available here!).

I thought this would solve all of the noise problems in my gear, but alas, it has not. My setup (Tone Hammer 500 with 2 SL 112s) is silent when there is no bass plugged in. Problem is that when I plug my bass in it's still fairly silent except for a high-pitched, low-volume buzz. It's not too noticeable, but obviously the higher I turn my volume the more noticeable it begins to become. I could live with it, but I would obviously rather not.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the cause and solution to this may be? I have used several different instrument cables to see if this was the problem and it doesn't appear to be.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. line6man

line6man

Sounds like electrical field noise. Is the bass shielded properly?