1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Lull at Winter NAMM

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by br44, Dec 16, 2013.

1. br44

br44

This is a "heads up" for those heading to the NAMM show in January.

Last week I picked up a bass Mike Lull repaired for me and had a chance to play an extremely giggable, blue, fretted 4 string that he's built for the upcoming NAMMfest and worth taking the time to play, if you're at the show.

It's got a Jazz neck w/a drop-D tuner, stacked Nordstrand pickups, Aguilar OPB3 pre-amp with toggled mid (400 or 800) boost, push/pull pot for active/passive function and I'm guessing under 8 pounds, in weight.

My response was that this is among the most practical (i.e "Swiss Army" like) basses I've ever played.... great tone, weight and functionality.

I uploaded a pic to my work website.....apologies for the image quality:

http://housingupdate.com/lull1/BlueLull.JPG

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest....just sharing a really nice moment I enjoyed at his shop.

BR
  2. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Beautiful. I'll definitely try it out. Thank you!
  3. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    FireMelon
    Cool I'll look for it when I'm there. Thanks.
  4. Solarmist

Solarmist Supporting Member

Beautiful bass.
  5. Relayer71

Relayer71

Hah, I thought title meant it was quiet at NAMM this year.
  6. bass12

bass12 Fueled by chocolate Supporting Member

I originally had an OB-3 in my Lull. Sounded great in the store but didn't work at all for me in a live setting. Switched it out for a much more live-friendly Sadowsky pre.