Lush Chorus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MrBalloonHands, Oct 19, 2013.

1. MrBalloonHands

MrBalloonHands

I'm looking for suggestions on a really good, lush sounding chorus pedal. I'm not sure that lush is a good word to use, but I'm looking for a chorus that has great sound but doesn't cover up the sound of the notes being played. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks in adavance.

2. BFunk

BFunk Gold Supporting Member

I think you are mostly going to hear about individual favorites. So let's start with mine, the Iron Ether Polytope. I think it is a pretty unusual sounding chorus. One of the features that make it particularly good for bass is the variable high pass filter. This is a great way to leave your lower frequencies clear and punchy and add shimmer on top. Here is a link to the website: http://ironether.com/pedals/polytope/

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    I really like the Tech 21 bass chorus boost. Great sounding pedal IME and allows notes to come thru clear.

4. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

oh yeah

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Just fyi, I bought, tried, and traded, around 25 various chorus pedals before I finally found a few that I really love. You may need to test a few, or many, before landing on the one. My top picks, (for bass chorus) are, in no particular order, TRex Sweeper, TC Electronics Corona, Maxon CS9 Pro, and, well, there was a few others. Very subjective.

7. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066

my votes if it matters...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

The danelectro cool cat cc-1 chorus pedal would be a good choice if you're looking for an affordable chorus pedal that delivers nice lush sounds. also this pedal won't reduce your lows nor would it color up your sound since it has a mix control. if money is no option, check out the t.c electronic corona chorus(which has a transparent but a fairly lushful sound), the mxr bass chorus deluxe(that chorus pedal has a flexible and useful sound), or the ebs unichorus(which has an incredibly lushful sound without coloring your rig). perhaps these clips would help you decide on which chorus pedal to buy.

Danelectro chorus

9. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

I use to own a digitech xbc bass chorus pedal. it was my first bass chorus pedal. it's pretty decent pedal.

10. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

TC Electronic Corona Chorus by a mile.

Thanks to the Toneprints, it can get as lush as you could possibly want. Not lush enough? Make your own toneprint.

11. Sir Sly Ry

Sir Sly Ry

Yeah the Tech 21 Bass Boost Chorus is pretty fantastic. right now I have the tone knob maxed though, but it can add a lot of chorus with just a little bit of detune and multivoice. It's a great chorus. Definitely check it out. It's gorgeous but still retains the meat of your clean tone. Hell it might even add a little meat to it.

12. garmenteros

garmenteros Junkyard Scout Gold Supporting Member

Surprised more people haven't said the ebs unichorus more. Great pedal and my favorite. Can be very subtle or really wet all the while retaining note definition.

13. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Happy with mine.

14. Stingray317

Stingray317

I just got the mxr analog chorus and it's amazing

15. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Media:
    Another vote for the Tech 21 BBC! Love that chorus pedal! I'd love to try the Iron Ether Polytope, but the Tech 21 is a definite winner...:bassist:

16. Big John66

Big John66

My small board has a MXR bass chorus deluxe. It's a good sounding chorus. My main board has the TC Corona, which is a fantastic sounding chorus. IMHO, YMMV, yadda yadda yadda.

17. Basshappi

Basshappi

I've been using the original Danelectro Cool Cat (18volt) for years. It will go from subtle to lush and dosn't have much lowend loss. The downside is that the jacks are plastic and mounted to the circutboard so it is best to have it mounted on your pedal board so that you don't have to keep plugging and unpluging it. Otherwise it is as rugged as a boat anchor (and weighs about as much as one too! :D )

18. Brendan5

Brendan5

I honestly like the sound of the fender starcaster pedal. Used for $20.

19. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

I had the cool cat, but it played up with grounding vs my Groove Regulator. I miss the lushness, never felt it sucked lows. Cheap as, well worth checking out.

20. Inconnu

Inconnu

I'm very happy with my Electro-Harmonix Small Clone. It's cheap too!

21. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    My $.02, the tech 21 boost chorus and the TC corona. If you'd like to experiment with a lot of different choruses in one box, check out the Zoom 70CDR. It has tons of very usable and "lush" choruses, delays and reverbs. I have one and love it. Great pedal and only $120 brand new. I use to have a boss CEB3 and an MXR bass chorus deluxe, both of which were not lush in my opinion. Sounded great in ,y room but were completely lost in the mix. Way subtle. If you want one that is going to stand out in the mix, I would not recommend either of those. The first few I mentioned though, yes, they are winners in my book and IMO/IME.