1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Luthier fees

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by 1stnamebassist, Jan 4, 2013.

1. 1stnamebassist

1stnamebassist

I want to have the volume and tone pots on my Jack Casady bass replaced. I have never had to have work done before, so I was wondering what a fair price would be for that kind of work. Just a ballpark figure. May have a new nut installed also.
  2. tmdazed

tmdazed

that's pretty regional, I know around here the guy I use ( probably one of the best, does a ton of work for the big names that tour through) charged me 125 to do the initial setup, strings,action set , installed my dunlop strap locks and re soldered electronics and replaced the jack on my GMR. I always do my own stuff , but this is a $4000 dollar bass so I wanted someone who was a pro. He did a phenomenal job on it and only goes back to him
  3. zazz

zazz

I heard the pots on the Casady are pretty special ..you need to get them from epiphone..... All done through the pickup hole ...quiet a fiddly job.
  4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Working through the pickup hole isn't that hard.

Pull the pickup - remove the knobs and nuts to take the pots lose - pull them out through the hole - do what you need to. Maybe 5 minutes extra work.

I sincerely doubt the pots are "special" in any way. There are 250K pots and 500K pots, and that's about it. BTW - I also have a Casady.