Luthier fees

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by 1stnamebassist, Jan 4, 2013.

1. 1stnamebassist

1stnamebassist

I want to have the volume and tone pots on my Jack Casady bass replaced. I have never had to have work done before, so I was wondering what a fair price would be for that kind of work. Just a ballpark figure. May have a new nut installed also.

2. tmdazed

tmdazed

that's pretty regional, I know around here the guy I use ( probably one of the best, does a ton of work for the big names that tour through) charged me 125 to do the initial setup, strings,action set , installed my dunlop strap locks and re soldered electronics and replaced the jack on my GMR. I always do my own stuff , but this is a $4000 dollar bass so I wanted someone who was a pro. He did a phenomenal job on it and only goes back to him

3. zazz

zazz

I heard the pots on the Casady are pretty special ..you need to get them from epiphone..... All done through the pickup hole ...quiet a fiddly job.

4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Working through the pickup hole isn't that hard.

Pull the pickup - remove the knobs and nuts to take the pots lose - pull them out through the hole - do what you need to. Maybe 5 minutes extra work.

I sincerely doubt the pots are "special" in any way. There are 250K pots and 500K pots, and that's about it. BTW - I also have a Casady.

5. Register to disable this ad