1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Luthier/sales in South Jersey - great experience

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by dtsamples, Dec 3, 2012.

1. dtsamples

dtsamples Supporting Member

Admins, forgive me if this is in the wrong spot.

I just wanted drop a quick recommendation for anyone looking for work or a new instrument in South Jersey/Philadelphia/Delaware.

I just bought my first DB from Rob Riccardi of Riccardi's Violin Shop: http://www.riccardisviolinshop.com/. Rob talked with me on the phone a couple of times to get a good idea of what I wanted, what I wanted it for, and my price range. He then invited me up to look at a used Shen Willow. Since purchasing it a few months ago, I've been back for a soundpost adjustment and a new set of strings. He hasn't charged me, because he's said that he wants to make sure I'm completely satisfied with my purchase.

After making a few trips to his shop and spending a bunch of time chatting, I can tell you that he's one of the most decent, down to earth people you'd ever want to know, and that he is a joy to work with.

Rob also works on violins, violas, and cellos.

That's all. Just wanted to give a great guy a bit of positive publicity.