Lyrics display

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by GRAHAM SG1, Feb 11, 2013.

1. GRAHAM SG1

GRAHAM SG1

I am looking for an effective way of displaying song lyrics, being singer and bass player I do not try to memorise the lyrics, we have around 60 songs in our repertoire so keeping all that plus the bass lines in memory etc is nigh on impossible for me, I have a very busy and stressful day job and family life so no time for all that, we only get time for one practice session per week .
    What I currently have is a booklet with A4 sheets in it, this is a problem in a few ways, I have to keep turning pages, it falls off the stand and is sometimes hard to read when the lights are low .
    Does anyone here use a tablet or similar to display their lyrics and if so what one, any tips would be appreciated .

Thanks

2. GRAHAM SG1

GRAHAM SG1

3. lustersilk

lustersilk

Please search "Music Stands on Stage". I started a post on this subject that was over 20 pages long. Everything was covered ad nasuem.

4. GRAHAM SG1

GRAHAM SG1

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

Buy a somewhat inexpensive, large screen tablet that you can store word documents (or something like that) on. I use bandmate's iPads for this all the time, although I don't have one myself.

7. rubbadubdub

rubbadubdub

I use an android pad to keep lyrics on but only for learning stuff at home. Having owned Macs , pc, and now android phone and tablet I wouldn't rely on any of them for something that critical to a gig as you propose if only for the sake of battery dependency. There's a local musician who uses an ipad at jam nights and several times he has had to bale out of the session because he forgot to charge it or it got left on in his bag or something. I reckon it would be great so long as you kept the paper copies with you just in case. Android has revolutionised my computer experience even on a fifty quid chinese tablet but even so.
    The funniest thing I ever saw at a gig was when The Revolutionary Dub Warriors midi went bonkers and all hell broke loose. Patches swapped and controllers seriously out of control! Great band otherwise. Moral of that story.....NEVER TRUST A COMPUTER ..even a Mac!

8. GRAHAM SG1

GRAHAM SG1

I would use the mains adaptor at a gig instead of relying on the battery .

9. rubbadubdub

rubbadubdub

So would at a gig. The dude I mentioned was using one at an acoustic jam session but I thought it worth mentioning. You are correct to point that out though.
    A mains connection is still no guarantee that it wont crash, lock up or think its a toaster half way through.