1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Mackie DLM 12

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Bassflute, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Bassflute

Bassflute

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings
    shipping later this month. If it sounds as good (or nearly, or BETTER) as the QSC K12, I'm in.

http://www.mackie.com/products/dlmseries/lineup/

12" and a coaxial tweeter, 30% smaller than the old Mackie PA speakers (which sounded pretty good for bass, btw), reverb and other effects built in, EQ, programmable, you can get a matching sub, 2000 watts (probably the 1000 watt Ice Power module), barely bigger than a 12" speaker, 31 lbs., $850 bucks.

I have a feeling that bass amps, as we know them, are doomed.

Cheers,
    Cameron
  2. DctrBss

DctrBss

Yup. I'm a pro bassist and I'm been using the QSC K12 for a couple years now, it kicks the **** out anything else for a tiny stage bass monitor, and I preordered the DLM12 right after it was announced....I just hope it is close to as good as the K12 and I'll be happy! Getting annoyed about shipping date slipping =(
  3. pbasswil

pbasswil

Curious: Anyone around here tried the Eon 515XT??

I use a QSC K10 for double bass. It's mostly great; although naturally there is a limit to the low end it can crank out before farting.

If this 15" Eon can handle considerably more bottom end, at the same weight as both a K10 and the new Mackie, I'm pretty interested.
  4. line6bassist

line6bassist Supporting Member

have you got them yet?...im dying to hear reviews on these
  5. Bassflute

Bassflute

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings
    I found those put out a TON of bottom end, more than anyone would need except for really loud stuff. Then you could just get several of them. Certainly beats the pants out of ANY $800.00 bass amp, and even some costing a LOT more.

Not yet...still waiting on them to start shipping to Canada.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers,
    Cameron
  6. tbone0813

tbone0813 Supporting Member

Subscribed. Curious as to how these sound with an MTD before I order one.
  7. youngheo

youngheo Supporting Member

reviving old thread.

anyone using dlm12 with electric bass guitar?

review? thanks~~