Mackie sr1530z mains,swa1510 subs

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by 73jbass, Feb 14, 2014.

1. 73jbass

73jbass Gold Supporting Member

Found a pair of each of these locally for sale at what appears to be a reasonable price. Just wondering if anyone has experience with these. Online reviews are mixed.

2. Barisaxman

Barisaxman Supporting Member

Depending on how old they are, might be a great catch. Mackie over the last few years has gone through plenty issues with product quality and non-existent support, but some of their older gear was great. The 1530's are a great sounding box, I probably did a couple hundred shows with 4 of those over some Yorkville LS800's. The three-way design makes for very smooth vocals. The only problem I ever had from a user perspective was that I thought they ran out of gas outdoors a little earlier than I'd have liked. Those subs, on the other hand, are pretty "meh" to me. You really need at least two for each one top to get something that I would call usable output. They just aren't loud enough for my liking. Depending on the style of music you're playing they may be ok, but at any price I think you'd be better off investing in a more capable sub.