1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Madison gear GTG

Discussion in 'Social Events & GTG's [BG]' started by Rugaar, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Rugaar

Rugaar

How many times have you read about how cool some bass or amp or accessory is but it's not available anywhere around for you to try out? Pedro and I thought it'd be fun to get a bunch of bass players together in Madison so we can compare and try out each other's gear. We thought we could rent a studio at Madison Music Foundry where we'd have room to set it all up and crank it all up. Studio rental time is pretty cheap so we could split it between all the attendees and it'd only be a few bucks apiece. It's not a swap meet and we're not trying to make any money off each other. It's just a chance to get together, hang out, swap stories and try out a bunch of different gear.

We know we won't be able to accommodate everyone's schedules but if you think you'd like to attend, what date would work for you? We're thinking a Saturday afternoon in May, June or July. Let us know (post here or email/PM either one of us) if you're interested or if you have any suggestions.

Kris
    aka rug
    aka rugaar
  2. pedro

pedro

This idea was born when in another thread I had Kris and I realized that there were a fair amount of Wisconsin area bass players. A GTG seems like a fun way to meet fellow bass players, perhaps hear some gear you haven't had a chance to test and swap some stories for a few hours.

We need to try and get a head count to see how many are interested so we can plan accordingly.
  3. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

I am in if I can be there schedule wise!!!!

Let me know when a date is set (A true Cheesehead stuck in Illinois)
  4. pedro

pedro

Excellent!!
  5. superflybass

superflybass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Bass Guitar and Small goods buyer: Daves Guitar Shop
    ditto with me if it fits in I will be there with any of my gear you all want to try out
  6. Trevorus

Trevorus

I'd be up. It's quite a drive, but it could be fun.

I'd bring my Reverend and my berg rig.
  7. pedro

pedro

Cool you got some nifty gear.
  8. pedro

pedro

If any of you guys know of other WI/IL TB'ers that might be interested please link them to this thread. We need to get a head count of somekind.
  9. emblymouse

emblymouse I Dig A Pony Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Lakland**Bag End**Schroeder
    I'd be interested and I would likely bring a non TB friend.

Trevorus-we could reunite our 210-212 Berg stack. Many basses to play with too...
  10. pedro

pedro

11. Trevorus

Trevorus

If my Carvin B800 doesn't sell, we could run the whole thing! (My GK isn't 2 ohm stable)
  12. LAG

LAG

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Fan: Green bay Packers
    If it lands on a Saturday that I don't have a family thing planned, I'll be there and bring my B1500 along. Sound like a blast..
  13. pedro

pedro

Lag I'm looking forward to meeting you.
  14. Interceptor

Interceptor Supporting Member

Thanks for getting the ball rolling!

I'm game. I'll bring my load 'o stuff.
  15. pedro

pedro

Hope to see you there.
  16. Rugaar

Rugaar

Alright! We're getting some excellent response here!

Any weekend preferences from anyone yet? Any dates that won't work? June 21 doesn't work for me but I can probably make most any other weekend.
  17. Interceptor

Interceptor Supporting Member

Earlier in June is better for me. Gotta keep time reserved for Summerfest.
  18. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

I'm definitely interested in attending. I can bring my Walkabout Scout, as well as my Dark Star'd Skyline Glaub, and maybe another bass or two.
  19. pedro

pedro

Excellent Greg. I'll have my old p bass. I'll probably bring the B15 and perhaps the V4b.
  20. watspan

watspan

I'm game. I've got schroeder 1212L. thunderfunk head, Reverend Rumblefish, Lakland DPLE II, G&L SB-2, Fender MIJ Precision Thinline to bring along. Let's pick a date--how about Sat. 5/17? (then you guys can stop out to the Hody Bar for bluetrain's gig :)>}) )