1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Madison or Milwaukee shop for consignment?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by high mileage, Feb 3, 2013.

1. high mileage

high mileage

I haven't been a working bass player for more than three years. Most of the action that my gear has seen since then is dusting off the cases - I've just moved on to other things.

Do any of you from the area have a recommendation for a good shop to start consigning gear? It's some nicer-quality stuff like Lakland, MM, etc. Let me be clear that I'm not trying to circumvent the rules about classified ads here, I've been a supporting member and sold here in the past, but at this point would rather just have someone else handle the sale for me. I'm willing to pay for that convenience - but I want the 'right' shop. Looking for one that's trustworthy of course, but also gets a lot of serious bass players from either area.

Not having part of the scene, I'm not sure who's "it" anymore. I live an hour and a half from either city but they'll have a better chance than anything around here. Looking at Cream City outside of Milwaukee, but wondering about others. I like that Cream City posts their inventory online so I can keep an eye on it (or feel like it :) ).

Thanks.

2. RawOrange

RawOrange Not really an orange Supporting Member

In my experience, Cream City is the most "high end" shop around and would most likely be your best bet to find people to purchase the gear you're describing. I am not sure if they do consignment though.

3. high mileage

high mileage

They do - they even list the terms on their website, which makes me think they're looking for this kind of business. Another point in their favor.