1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Madness tone

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bentoni, Dec 7, 2013.

1. bentoni

bentoni Supporting Member

Hey guys...working to acheive that synthy bass tone from madness by muse. Here's my setup and chain...

Vp jr--darkglass b7k--FEA dual channel opti comp--oxide--octomizer--xerograph deluxe (expression controlled by hot hand 3)

Subterranea is ordered but not here. How can I acheive that sound from my setup?

How do the pedals need to be arranged in the chain? Btw, I'm using the b7k as more of an always on preamp rather than a drive pedal. I think I may need to move the xerograph before something in the chain. Having a little bit of trouble getting the hit hand 3 to be as defined and responsive as I would like. Any help would be appreciated.

Also a side note...anyone notice on the octomizer how when you pluck a nite initially you hear the lower octave and then it pitch shifts away from it and back to the clean note? Is that normal?

2. jasonmitsch

jasonmitsch

I play this song using the xerograph. For my purposes it's easier to use dynamics to control the envelope of the filter. You could definitely get there with the oxide or Subterranea and Xero