1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Major 7 Chord Tones and Tensions study

Discussion in 'Ask Tony Grey' started by Felipe Gianei, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Felipe Gianei

Felipe Gianei

Apr 9, 2014
    Hi Tony, I'm studying your mini course "Major 7 Chord Tones and Tensions", but I don't know how to divide the time for each pattern study. I'm dividing in 30 minutes.

I'm in lessons 4, so I study 15 minutes of pattern 1(Lessons 1), and 15 minutes of descending pattern 1. Same thing for the Lessons 2, 3 and 4. When I finish watching all the 7 lessons will be 3 and a half hours of study. It worth to take all my time of study to work on this exercises or I could study with other schedule and work in other things too?

Thanks Tony

2. tony grey

tony grey

Oct 2, 2006
    Disclosures:
    Endorsements; Yamaha, Fodera, Aguilar, TC Electronic, Peterson, Zoom
    Hi Filipe you are a Bass Academy Member now :) thank you. I like to practice every subject I'm working on in 30 min periods.
    My thoughts are set a goal tempo to work towards, Start slowly, Gradually raise the tempo until you reach your goal. One Lesson at a time.
    You don't have to complete everything you start in one day. Just keep a diary and continue where you left off every time you practice. Don't study to many things at once.
    Be Patient.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.