1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Major 7 Chord Tones and Tensions study

Discussion in 'Ask Tony Grey' started by Felipe Gianei, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Felipe Gianei

Felipe Gianei

Hi Tony, I'm studying your mini course "Major 7 Chord Tones and Tensions", but I don't know how to divide the time for each pattern study. I'm dividing in 30 minutes.

I'm in lessons 4, so I study 15 minutes of pattern 1(Lessons 1), and 15 minutes of descending pattern 1. Same thing for the Lessons 2, 3 and 4. When I finish watching all the 7 lessons will be 3 and a half hours of study. It worth to take all my time of study to work on this exercises or I could study with other schedule and work in other things too?

Thanks Tony

2. tony grey

tony grey

Disclosures:
    Endorsements; Yamaha, Fodera, Aguilar, TC Electronic, Peterson, Zoom
    Hi Filipe you are a Bass Academy Member now :) thank you. I like to practice every subject I'm working on in 30 min periods.
    My thoughts are set a goal tempo to work towards, Start slowly, Gradually raise the tempo until you reach your goal. One Lesson at a time.
    You don't have to complete everything you start in one day. Just keep a diary and continue where you left off every time you practice. Don't study to many things at once.
    Be Patient.