Major disappointment

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by tgriley62, Feb 19, 2014.

1. tgriley62

tgriley62

Been playing now for 4 years & every year I always tell my self that this will be the year I get my first head/cab setup & as usual something has always come up, until this year. I finally had a little tax refund left and ordered a Peavey 2x10 cab and a "B" stock Hartke LH500 head. The head arrived yesterday & the cab today. Got every thing connected, powered up the amp & after the stated 20 second delay heard it click. So I start adjusting the tone with the volume at about 2 and after about 1-2 minutes the head kicks off. I let it sit for around 20 minutes and tried again, still nothing. So after a phone call to XXXXX customer service (I don't want to mention the name because I want to give them a chance) the head is re-boxed & going back. Just bummed out

2. orangejulius3

orangejulius3

Look at the bright side.
    At least you are able to find the problem right now instead of down the road and being stuck with it or pulling dough out of your own pockets.

3. tgriley62

tgriley62

Good point, that is why I love this site. There is always someone that has gone through what you are going through or can offer great advice on what not to do and such

4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Hartke is good stuff. Bad luck that you got a problem, but I'm confident you'll enjoy the head when you get one functioning properly.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. cableguy

cableguy Supporting Member

File this under S happens......At least it happened right away and should be a warranty issue. Good luck.

7. shoot-r

shoot-r

Hate to hear this...but, the brite side is you went with a company that will stand behind their products.
    Larry Hartke posts regularly here at TB and has a direct phone number to him listed if you are having service problems with any of his products.
    Larry Hartke.......201/680-8153.

ALL manufacturers have problems, it's in the "how" they deal with those problems.

A few years back when the micro head craz started I wanted to jump on the band wagon.
    The first GK MB2-500 head I ran across in a GC wouldn't power up, afew weeks later they got in a new shipment, right out of the box the new GK MB2-500 powered up then would shut down.
    I finally ran across a new MB2-500 that worked, bought it, used it regularly, warranty ran out, head shut down.
    GK stood behind their product and made it right by me by fixing it at a reasonable price.

When Ampeg released the PF series I decided I wanted to try the Ampeg sound.
    My first PF-500 head lasted all of 30 seconds into it's first power up then smoked.
    Second one lasted roughfully 5 hours and burnt out at a gig.
    First PF was under warranty and Ampeg stood behind it, second PF was out of warranty and Ampeg more or less told me it wasn't their problem!

Recently I replaced the PF with a Hartke LH1000, it already has many gigs and rehearsals on it. It's doing Great so far!

8. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I'm a Fuzzrocious-aholic. It's been one week since I bought my last Fuzzrocious pedal.
    Or, what happened to me. I bought a Peavey Bassman copy when I was a guitar player. 5 minutes into the first gig it just quit. I know it's not rational, but that was the last Peavey I owned.