make a cap choice: SWR+Hartke or Mark BL104HR 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by narziss, Jan 18, 2014.

1. narziss

narziss

SWR working pro 4x10 + Hartke HX115

+

(HEAD)Mark Bass LM Tube 800

V.S.

Mark BL BL104HR 4x10

+

(HEAD)Mark Bass LM Tube 800

Bass : F Bass BN5

So, which combination do you guys recommend?
    I am a math rock and post rock bass player, need a neutral/commonality sounding.

Thank you for reading.
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Well, 410/115 is a poor choice. Read up on that. That leaves the other choice. Why just those 2?
  3. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

I have the Markbass 104HF and I think it's a great cab. I played a gig the other night and the backline was a Markbass 104HR with a Carvin head. It sounded great.
  4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

+101 As per usual Rick is right on the money!!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. winegamd

winegamd

I would pick the SWR. You dont have to use the Hartke 115. I would keep it for other gigs, or sell it. As 410 vs 410 the Mark Bass and SWR are pretty close. The BL is rated for 600W rms vs 400W rms of the SWR, but since you are using the same head with each, it is not much of an argument. Both cabs will take the power of your head depending on what impedence they are.

The biggest difference is tuning. The BL104 is rated with a lowend range of 45 hz, but is that -3db, -6db, or -10db? The SWR is rated at -3db @ 50hz. That is a pretty good, usable tuning. The slot port of the SWR is also less likely to "chuff" as the rear circle ports of the BL.

The speakers in the SWR are eminence, so a repmacement will be easily sourced should one fail. Not to mention, I think the SWR will just plain sound better.
  7. bassinflorida

bassinflorida "Gee Wally, that's swell!" Gold Supporting Member

Hello folks. TB noob here.
    I Have been using a MB 104HR for over a year. Excellent sounding cabinet and handles high power pretty well. I have been using the Kilo bridged with no issues. However, in larger clubs and away from the stage it does tend be boomy. Regardless of the physics, I am convinced it is because of the rear porting.
    My 2cents worth.
    Have a good day.