Man Arrested After Allegedly Pulling Gun on Girl Selling Cookies

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by elgecko, Feb 3, 2014.

1. elgecko

elgecko

To be fair, I bet she was on PCP and had the strength of 10 Girl Scouts!

:bag:

Temecula Man Arrested After Allegedly Pulling Gun on Girl Selling Cookies

A man was arrested after he allegedly pointed a gun at a girl who was going door-to-door selling cookies in Temecula on Sunday, according to the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department.

John Dodrill was arrested after he was alleged to have pulled a gun on a girl selling cookies. (Credit: Riverside County Sheriff’s Department)

The incident happened on the 31000 block of Strawberry Tree Lane (map) shortly before 11:30 a.m., according to a news release from the Sheriff’s Department.

The girl was selling cookies in the neighborhood with her father when she got to the home of 59-year-old John Dodrill, according to the release.

She knocked on the door, Dodrill opened it and pointed a gun at her, authorities said. The father witnessed the incident and called police.

Officers responded and took Dodrill into custody, the release stated. His gun was seized for evidence.

Anyone with information was asked to call the Southwest Sheriff’s Station at 951-696-3000.
  2. phatcyclist

phatcyclist

What the heck is wrong with some people?
  3. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

sounds like a bad case of paranoia, either that or an unusually severe aversion to girl scout cookies (or) girl scouts
  4. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

That man is a hero for asserting his rights

:meh:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Casting out the nines Supporting Member

WAIT, YOU DON'T HAVE SAMOAS?!?!

[​IMG]
  7. P Town

P Town Guest

Stand Your Ground, in all it's glory would allow the guy to shoot her.
    It would not be the first time.
  8. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

He must have thought they were Jehova's Witnesses.
  9. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

:D
  10. phatcyclist

phatcyclist

I will say as a person that owns firearms and has a fairly good grasp of laws like SYG, people like the whack-job in this news story unfairly give many people a bad name. There are too many people that assume SYG laws are a free-for-all, that's really not true. In court you'd still have to justify your actions if there was any question, and a person that would abuse SYG laws wouldn't be bothered if they were not on the books anyway.

I hope that didn't come off as harsh or towards you or anything, that wasn't my intention. I realize there are crazy people in the news claiming they are protected under SYG laws, but it's not all of us.
  11. elgecko

elgecko

Two fingers would've loved this thread!
  12. kanonfodr

kanonfodr Supporting Member

Ya, that guy is a dummy. Everyone knows you have to stab Girl Scouts with a silver spike to kill them.

Peace,
    Greg
  13. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

There is a lot of meth in and around the desert communities. Paranoia strikes me as a definite possibility.
  14. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

And therein lies the danger of any and all SYG laws, an uneducated public with unfettered access to firearms.

As you so succinctly point out, too many willfully ignorant gun owners have a completely wrong read on the intent of SYG laws, and it only takes a handful to ruin it for the majority of responsible gun owners who understand and respect the intent, and very narrow scope of SYG laws.

And to be clear, this is an education problem not a political problem.
  15. kohntarkosz

kohntarkosz

16. bassinplace

bassinplace

Firstly and most importantly, I'm glad no one was hurt and I hope they throw the book at that guy. Secondly, the pic above is classic!
  17. phatcyclist

phatcyclist

It would be great if basic understanding of law were taught in school as required curriculum, not just for things like this but other forms of consumer protection. Everyone should have a basic understanding of our legal system, even if they don't attend secondary education.
  18. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

The power of one idiot with a gun attracting stupid comments with a political bias. Yay?
  19. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

I did not check the link, was the offender white? If he wasn't then stand your ground laws don't apply.

EDIT: Clicked the link. He is good (and crazy looking.)
  20. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

Maybe she was out of coconut macaroons.
  21. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

More likely thin mints. Those things are the GSA's crack.