1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Man Punished by Holding Up Sign, Saying He's a Bully

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Apr 15, 2014.

1. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

I came across this story today and thought it was interesting. It's rather timely with the current Disney Disability thread.

http://www.okcfox.com/story/25241016/i-am-a-bully-sign-holder-calls-sentence-unfair

What are your thoughts?

2. sharkbait130

sharkbait130

If that clown had spit on me , he wouldn't have any teeth left so I think he got off easy. Can't wait for mellowin to chime in on this lol

mellowinman likes this.
  3. ZenG

ZenG

So the abuser of women and children can't take it when there's a little heat on him......oh dear......

I have no sympathy for the cretin at all......

I hope he gets more of the same....

4. Stewie26

Stewie26 Gold Supporting Member

Wouldn't the ACLU or some other protective group call this crewel and unusual punishment. The guys sounds like a major A-hole and deserves what he got but I thought we had laws against this.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassinplace

bassinplace

I lived next door to a psychotic evil person for 16 years. How, you might ask. Easy. I just never talked to him. Doesn't mean I liked having him for a neighbor, but my neighbor on the other side tried calling the cops on him and they would always just ignore her. I found live and let live (i.e. ignore) to be the best survival tactic in my particular case.

He never did go so far as to bully me though because he knew I would never have put up with it. He did bully my other neighbor frequently however because A) she was female and B) she would give him the time of day. Doesn't excuse him at all, but I think he would have bothered her less if she would have followed my cue.

7. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

Doubt it. I agree with pretty much the ACLU has ever done and this doesn't seem particularly offensive. That said, if they do, I'll totally flip flop to stay consistent with them.:|

8. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

West Grove Pa (via the Northside of the 'Burg!)
    Bullies are the first to cry and moan when they get caught, don't get their way or when someone stands up to them.
    I wish there were more judges like that!

9. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

Agreed!

10. Batmensch

Batmensch

Typical. Blames everything and everybody else for his current bad situation except for his own rotten behavior. If he hadn't behaved as badly as he did, he wouldn't be in this situation.

11. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

i am still not sure how bullying the bully reforms the bully. perhaps makes him a better chooser of bullying victims? it's all a bit different from murdering the murderer, yes?

then again, we all know: life is not fair.

12. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Hopefully the idea was to let him empathize, and hopefully he did. Probably not though.

13. mellowinman

mellowinman Guaranteed to break the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Yeah, I'm thinking the guy ruined his own life when he decided to be a LOWLIFE PUNK. If I were the judge, I would've made him wear the sign STAPLED TO HIS GENITALS, and he would've had to wear it FOR LIFE.

14. sharkbait130

sharkbait130

^ I knew there was a reason I liked this guy.;)

15. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

I lived in an urban courtyard shared by 12 families for 5 years. Had wars with the football frat boys next door, parking wars with the "little Taliban'' building kitty corner- and eventually the slum lord I rented from.
    Dr Timothy Leary was right- set and setting are everything! I've been on this new block for almost 2 years and not one beef worth mentioning.
    Regarding the bully- I think the woman wasted her time with the justice system- my friends and I would have taught him more stringent (nonviolent) lessons every night at 3am.

16. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

I hate bullies. They're sociopaths without the ability to feel emphaty. They literally have a non-functional part in their brain. I don't know if I should feel sorry for them or if it should be considered as an illness, but I still hate them.

If I were passing in that area, I'd throw an egg or two at that piece of ****.

17. Mound of Sound

Mound of Sound Gold Supporting Member

If you look at the pictures, he decided to hold up the sign behind the signal control box. Dude's not a bully, just a straight up p***y.