1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Man Slides His Trombone And Kills Musician In Front Of Him!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Whousedtoplay, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

2. eukatheude

eukatheude

Now that's what i would call an idiot.
  3. domdec314

domdec314 Supporting Member

4. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

+1
    Anyone that has ever played a trombone knows that the slide is made of thin brass and very fragile.
    I don't care how hard you hit someone with it, the only thing that will die will be the slide.
  5. elgecko

elgecko

:p

That's the part that brought it into Onion territory!
  6. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

I got hit in the head by trombones all of the time when I was in highschool during marching season. In fact one incident I remember being in the middle of the show and one of the color guard ( flag twirlers), smacked me right in the face with the end of the metal pole of her flag while I was marching and playing. Looks like I'm lucky to be alive?
  7. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

When I was a teen there was a rumor going around that the Grateful Dead's wall of sound killed someone who got too close to it.
  8. Codger

Codger Bradley Baker Supporting Member

Oh, that was Weekly World, that of "Famed Psychic's Head Explodes" and other stupendous headlines.
  9. halfjackson

halfjackson Supporting Member

A snake and a trombonist were both hit by a car. What's the difference? The snake was on his way to a gig.
  10. mellowinman

mellowinman

A guy died in our band once, after he was hit in the head with my wife's withering glare.
  11. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass Supporting Member

I hope my wife doesn't see this thread. I told her I quit flying Cessnas and riding Harleys because they were dangerous hobbies and that she doesn't need to worry now that I am only playing music. :meh:

(True story!)
  12. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

I wonder if that trombone was rusty???
  13. jamro217

jamro217

After reading these articles, I'm glad I play a safe instrument like the bass. Just let me hoist it up the stairs at our next gig and...Whoa!!! Splat!
  14. graver555

graver555

That sounds like a challenge to me.....