Manring style bridge with piezo?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Dynastes, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Dynastes

Dynastes

Hey, I've been geeking out on Manring for years, and without a budget for a Zon Hyperbass anytime soon - I was thinking of modding my Warrior Soldier Fretless 5 string with the same kind of modded hipshot tuners, and the special tunable bridge that he uses...See my original plan was to change out the saddles on the Hipshot A bridge, to Graph Tech's Ghost piezo saddles - to enable midi and piezo, and I'd hate to give up on those two options as well. So ideally it should have those tuner switches, and piezo in the saddles that can also function as midi information through those piezo's like the graph tech ones....does such exist, and do any you guys have experience with modding your bolt on wood neck'ed basses with the same kind of tuning stuff that Manring uses?
    I'd love to see images, hear how you did, hear what you guys think of the above ideas etc. I just wanna extend the tonal capabilites of the bass that I have spent my time on for 10+ years now, rather than dreaming of buying something that has all that from the beginning...

2. tsar nicholas

tsar nicholas

FYI, that bridge is made on a to-order basis by some machine shop and is staggeringly expensive -- something in the neighborhood of three thousand dollars.

The Hipshot Xtender tuning keys are an affordable way to get at least partway there though. Just gotta make sure that there's enough room on your headstock for all the keys to rotate fully (there are a couple threads on this around)