1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Manta/Pigtronix phaser question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LSMFT6, Feb 28, 2014.

1. LSMFT6

LSMFT6

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    So, I have two settings that I really like on my Pigtronix EP-2, a somewhat standard phase sound and an inverted ("-") phase-wah.

Two questions:

1. Which would be the best phaser setting on the Manta to use as a starting point to get the EP2's basic phaser sounds?

2. Is there a way on the Manta to invert the phase in the same way that the 'Invert + -' switch on the EP2 does? I assume the Manta is already equivalent to the + position on the EP2 but I can't get the sound I want without being in - mode (or with any other phase/phase-wah that I've tried.)

Thanks!

And yes I do have a Manta that I'm quite fond of. I haven't actually sat down and tried to get either of these sounds with it yet but I thought I'd ask here first just in case.

2. LSMFT6

LSMFT6

Aug 16, 2006
    California
  3. LSMFT6

LSMFT6

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    Finally got around to trying it today and I'm super pleased, I was able to easily dial-in the sounds I wanted and some even better ones. The Manta rules.