Manuka honey

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassteban, Mar 18, 2014.

1. bassteban

bassteban

A friend tipped me to this stuff as an allergy fighter- prior to the obligatory google search, I ask all of TB: What are your thoughts/experiences?
  2. IPA

IPA

Snake oil from bees
  3. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

If alternative medicine worked, it would be called medicine.
  4. paste

paste Supporting Member

Yep pretty much. They say you should be getting honey that is cultivated locally since it contains the pollens of flowers you are allergic to (logic somewhat following vaccines in the way that you introduce your body to allergens to build up immunity), but there's really no conclusive data backing that up. Anyways, honey is delicious and it's a good excuse to buy some.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I was under the impression that if someone is looking to honey to help with allergies, you need to use honey made by bees from the local area where you live.

-Mike
  7. bassteban

bassteban

Pardon me if I reply out of order...
    I'm not calling this any kind of medicine, more of a preventative measure. I've had the best results w/health issues going natural as opposed to conventional/traditional/Western, symptom-based *medicine*

I have tried local honey, but it's been awhile and I do not recall the results. My source is an annoying old friend...
    Thank you all for the input- now if anyone has any actual experience(s)to share w/the class, that would be great :)

BTW, I grabbed some(MH)this morning, so in a day or three I will respond to my own question:cool: