1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Marcus Miller Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by oleskool, Sep 14, 2013.

1. oleskool

oleskool

2. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

I've never owned one, but by the most casual inspection of the Fender site, I'd have to say…

…SUPAH-FAKE!! :rollno:

Here's the at-a-glance differences;
    • The two top-most knobs are supposed to be chrome
    • The "JAZZ BASS" logo is wrong and, if you look carefully, you can see where the waterslide decal and clear finish has been applied.
    • There's no "Active/Passive" switch.
    • The screw underneath the front-end of the bridge is misplaced.
    • Oh, and I don't think they ever came in Midnight Blue.

I'm sure there are other details I missed, but like I said, this is just from a quick look at the pic on the main Fender site. It doesn't take a detective to peg this as a knock-off.
  3. ggvicviper

ggvicviper P is the Key. Call me Marc or Marky Potatoes. Gold Supporting Member

The 5ers are US made. That, however.... The Jazz Bass logo is all wrong.
  4. oleskool

oleskool

Ha, yea I knew it was. Surprised you missed the string retainers. That was the first thing that jumped out to me.
  5. xabicho

xabicho Supporting Member

The picture is blurry, any I owned a 4 strings, the way to tell is the letters at the back of the neck where it joins the body, "crafted in Japan", the bass comes with the metal bridge pickup cover, the two volume control knobs are silver an made of metal, great basses the neck feels like the custom shop. The only minus for me is that all the electronics are mounted on the back of the plastic pickguard plate, oh and the bridge is a Badass. The 5 string is made in USA