Marcus Miller Jekyll and Hyde

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by Mattbass97, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Hello! Anybody got the bass tab or music for this song? I've been dying to learn it, it's incredible

Thanks
  2. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy Supporting Member

Hey Matt, I decided to dive into this one, but I don't know how far I'll make it because it's pretty time-consuming... here's the first 12 bars of the bass part, anyway. :)

I'd be curious to hear from anyone else who's picked this thing off, especially on the articulations on the slap riff. Marcus has a lot of nuances in his playing.
  3. frizzle

frizzle

Disclosures:
    Ritter Instruments Team & Owner BassLessons.be
    I started this one too. About 3min30 into the song now. But I left out all the small nuances. I'll post it when it's finished. Could be this week, could be next year :D
  4. PlayTheBass

Cool, frizzle, I'd definitely like to see what you've done with it. I went ahead and got to 32 bars, and I think I'll stop there. (Though the outro is pretty cool, too... we'll see!)

Attached Files:

5. frizzle

frizzle

Disclosures:
    Ritter Instruments Team & Owner BassLessons.be
  6. PlayTheBass

Looks great! I look forward to checking it out in more detail. I finished the outro, so I'm definitely curious to see what you came up with on a couple things. Those crazy slides+bends are interesting to transcribe.
  7. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Thanks for this guys only saw it now by which time i did it by ear but its rough on the solo otherwise I'm pretty happy with the verse and main riff!
  8. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Wow you've added stuff that I hadn't thought of thanks!