1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Mark Bass Combo

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by stonewall, Jan 7, 2014.

1. stonewall

stonewall Supporting Member

I was messing with a bass earlier today at my local music store a 2008 MMEB Sterling HH oh my a sweet bass.The store plugged it into a little Mark CMD JB Player School Combo because they know im a single 15 guy.OMG i loved the tones of this little thing i believe its a 150 watt combo out of the box i was really suprised i picked it up felt light to me about 45 pounds.I liked it so much i ordered after a bit of research the CMD 151P Jeff Berlin model i also hate tweeters.So see ya later all my heavy back breaking gear.The JB player combo sounded pretty loud in the store im not sure with a full band around me if it would forsure cut it.The 300 watt version will im positive cut...No kidding try these things out finally a light combo with sweet tones.

2. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

Great choice . Been digging mine since ' 08 . Added the NY151 and very satisfied with this rig.

3. Russell L

Russell L

I went a little bigger with two 151P cabs for my Little Mark III head. But I only use one cab 90% of the time. I love the tones I'm getting. I also dig my CMD 121H combo for rehearsals and smallis gigs. I think the Markbass sound is great.

4. Major Softie

Major Softie

That Jeff Berlin has had fantastic reviews both here and other places. Glad you're happy!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Fit4pain

Fit4pain Gold Supporting Member

I love my Jeff Berlin, it is my church rig and it is fantastic. It was not my first choice when I was looking for and amp but I got a deal I could not pass up. I am so glad I have it now, the tone in the mix is perfect.

7. stonewall

The JB Player is about $650 the CMD 151P Jeff Berlin model is about $1200 here in southern Ontario.I wasnt looking to spend that at this time ha ha but i guess i can trade of the big heavy stuff to get it.

8. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Albums:
    I've been playing a Jeff Berlin for a few years now and I couldn't really be happier. It's just rock solid and sounds awesome. A few months ago I added an Aguilar NS 112 cab (I know, sacrilege, not only did I mix driver sizes but brands too!!!) and it sounds fantastic.

9. stonewall

Thx for replies im soooo pumped cant wait to get mine.

10. stonewall

Besides No tweeter and where the head is mounted are there any differences between the Jeff Berlin and the Mini i noticed about a 6 pound difference

11. swamp_bass

swamp_bass I love it when a groove comes together Supporting Member

Congratulations on snagging a nice, lightweight combo! Sounds like love at first sight...