1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Mark Hoppus loaded body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by JimmyThunder, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyThunder

JimmyThunder Supporting Member

This is a first-generation Fender Mark Hoppus Signature in seafoam green, featuring a jazz style body with the thunderous Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound P pickup. THE DETAILS:

1. The first run of these, I have read, left the factory without a proper primer under the paint, causing the finish to be very prone to chipping and surface cracks. This is one of those...so if you dig "honest play wear" and the relic look you're gonna love it! However if you're the polishing cloth collector-condition kind this is not the one for you. There are various chips around the edges but they are on the backside and don't really show while you're playing. There is a crack in the paint on the front and another on the back. I have cranked up the contrast on the photos so you could see them here, it's not that visible in person...it wasn't showing up in the photos under normal lighting so that should indicate how not-a-big-deal it was to me. Of course your opinion may vary.

2. Dig the minimalist look of one knob but wary of being locked into Mark's tone? ME TOO! So I wired in a tone pot in the traditional way. Right now the volume pot is hidden under the guard at full-on and the tone knob is loaded into the guard. This way you can find your own "sweet spot" with the tone and then switch 'em so you lock in your tone and have the volume knob to play with.

3. I really hated the pearloid pickguard look so I spraypainted it satin black with plastic-friendly-paint. I think it looks a thousand times better. The can claimed it will not flake or chip but I don't buy it, there are a couple of microscopic chips around the pickup holes so I expect eventually it will chip and/or wear down and the pearloid will peek thru (again, cool if you dig relic).

4. One bridge saddle is replaced, original saddle, missing a height screw, is included.

All this can be yours for the low price of $175 shipped CONUS. No trades thanks.

2. JimmyThunder

3. JimmyThunder

only-way-to-get-a-solo-precision-pickup-in-a-jazz-body-without-spending-a-ton-of-money bump

4. JimmyThunder

6.7lbs, since someone asked.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. t-ray

t-ray Supporting Member

7. JimmyThunder

Here's how she looks as a fretless

[​IMG]

8. JimmyThunder