Mark Johnson 5 string custom build

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 707hippie, Mar 3, 2014.

1. 707hippie

707hippie Supporting Member

One of Marks first basses its like an RD Artist w/5 string 35 inch scale.This has a sound card as well and is very high quality build bass.Can send pictures to Email.Lets start at 1500 on this one or trade and go from there
  2. pbasswil

pbasswil Supporting Member

Marketing 101: Dress up the window display.
    I.e.: Without pics this is just some unfamiliar name.

Sorry to be a smartass, but would you go fishing with a little sign on the hook that says "Worms on demand"?! :^D LOL
  3. 707hippie

I have a Nikon D7000 and talkbass.com cant handle my pictures when I go fishing the fish just jump in the boat.Heres a good link http://mjguitars.com/ he made very few basses.He made it big and moved to Montana with the MJ Mirage guitars.I have possibly the only ever Mirage bass but im just selling the 5 string
  4. 707hippie

I also stated I can and will send pictures to an email
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. aparker82

aparker82

A photo resize would fix that.
    http://www.webresizer.com/

or use photobucket and link the pictures.

That's what I did on my thread
  7. 707hippie

Thank you both , im new to this and im doing my best and all help is greatly appreciated ill see what I can do , I can also Email photos
  8. pbasswil

Ooh, some of those Mark Johnson guitars are pretty nice looking. The Catalina shape is very classy (so's the price -- yikes ! ~8^o ).

Honestly, it's best you figure out how to post pics here, or embed the link to pics at some other web address. It'll be _well_ worth the effort you put into it.
    Folks don't generally respond to an ad (let alone request pics) until they're already highly intrigued.

Best of luck.
  9. 707hippie

Thanks pbasswill im trying to get them smaller and posted im seeking help from a friend here as well.Sorry for any inconvenience
  10. pbasswil

You'll figure it out!

Hint:
    On Mac, use iPhoto;
    on Windows, search for and then download Google's free Picasa photo software.
    Both of these will ask if you want it to do an automatic Import of the pics on your hard drive, when you first launch the program. Click Yes/Ok.

Then you'll be able to browse your pics within the program -- they'll be _in_ iPhoto or Picasa's database.

Then select your bass pics (in the program, that is -- not in the Finder or WinExplorer),
    and look for a File menu item something like "Export";

When Export's dialog comes up, choose a Preset something like "For Web",
    and (possibly under an "Advanced" button) choose jpeg compression "Strong" or quality around "30" -- that's sufficient, but keeps the file small.

- If you upload your shots to an 3rd party service (e.g. PhotoBucket, Flickr, whatever) you'll then embed the photo's URLs in your TB ad. You'll get more storage space than uploading to TB.

- If you upload the pics directly to TalkBass's hard drive (I think it's called an attachment, not sure), there are strict file size limitations, so you'll have to research that, and then make sure your program's Export dialog is set to make small enough files.

Btw, in TB your attachment file is separate from your specific ad -- it's part of your account, which the specific ad merely references.
    Get your pics into your acct. first; then point to 'em from within your ad editing dialog. (The Add Photo icon looks like a mountain scene with yellow background.)

Good luck!
  11. 707hippie

Im going to attempt a photobucket too "THANK YOU" so much for the help pbasswill and everyone else who helped me w/all my posts
  12. 707hippie

13. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

Just helping out the OP. Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. 707hippie