1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Markbass 102P Combo vs. GK MB210 Combo

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bassman1987, Feb 1, 2014.

1. bassman1987

bassman1987

Hello TB,

I'm currently shopping around for a lightweight 2x10 combo amp to replace my current back-breakingly heavy rig, and the two that have really caught my eye are the Markbass 102P combo and the GK MB210 combo.

I'm wondering if anyone could give me any recommendations based on their experiences with one/both of these amps, especially in relation to sound and reliability. My budget allows either one, so it's not a concern. My band plays acoustic- and piano-flavored pop rock (think Ben Rector, Jon McLaughlin, Parachute, etc.) and my main bass is a Geddy Lee Jazz (also play a MIA Peavey Millennium from time to time).

:help:Thanks everyone!

2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Supporting Member

Media:
    I've had my Markbass 102P combo for nearly eight years and gigged it in many different musical contexts. To me, my bass sounds through the amp pretty much the way it sounds in the studio, which is exactly what I want. It's very portable and very reliable and the tiltback option is something I wouldn't be without. Excellent all around - not cheap, but mine has paid for itself many times now.

3. joeybcdt

joeybcdt

I have a Markbass 112 combo and also a GK 210RBH cabinet if thats a fair comparison.

The GK cab has been unusable. The 10's fart out after about an hour of playing.

The MB is a wonderful amp. Lots of power.