Markbass 102p

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by akrachanko, Apr 8, 2014.

1. akrachanko

akrachanko

I am currently set on buying the Markbass cmd 102p, but I was not sure if it will be able to do what I want it to do, and if anyone could offer information, i would be grateful. I play a lot of medium venues, like high school auditoriums. (I play a lot of local musicals) And some small outdoor gigs, and some small indoor gigs. Will this amp be able to give me the juice enough to be heard in these situations? I am currently playing through an acoustic half stack. 200 watt amp and 15 inch cab.

2. Big Benner

Big Benner

Media:
    From my personal experience I would say yes. I would also recommend getting a second speaker cabinet if you need more volume - I personally use a Traynor 2x10NEO (8ohm, 300 watt 2 x 10" Speaker Cabinet) BUT I only bring the extra cabinet for large & loud outdoor gigs.

3. akrachanko

akrachanko

Thanks for the input. I ended up getting the Markbass and there is not one minute I regret it. I am still looking around for a cabinet for larger gigs, would you recommend the Traynor 210? I have a friend who has a traynor guitar amp, and I had never heard of the company, but the amp was fantastic.

4. Big Benner

Big Benner

Media:
    Where are you located?

I'm in Vancouver, BC, Canada so the Traynor products are all over as they are Canadian made.

Great value for the money as it's light, well made and sounds great - so yes I would highly recommend it.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. akrachanko

akrachanko

I'm in Pittsburgh, PA, US, which isn't that far from Canada. I've seen a few traynors but not that many. Every one I have seen though is great so, I will certainly look into it! Thanks!

7. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

Best choice is matching Markbass 2 10 extension cab . You can thank us later .

8. Kamatori

Kamatori

If you get a matching MarkBass cab, you can stack it for a square 4x10 setup OR a vertical 4x10 stack. The vertical stack won't look as nice because the logos are sideways but the sound projects better into your ears and it takes up less stage real estate. It will also allow you to bring one or both cabs to your gigs depending on the size of the gig. Just make sure your amp can handle it.

9. Ritchie_Darling

Ritchie_Darling Supporting Member

I just sold this combo and a Traveler 151P speaker to some fine fellows on TB.

I play 1970's disco and funk. Mostly finger style.

The combo will do quite well in smaller venues.

I do recommend the 15" extension cab.

It always added a lot more OOMPH!

10. GDUBS

GDUBS

Definitely go the two 210 route! I had the markbass 210 and 15! Sounded good for sure but..... the vertical 210 stack blew it away!! Love it! So light, small and easy! And man those speakers get punchy! People say the tweeters don't last but I way prefer the tone with them off

11. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

Agree with no tweeters . I have the tweeter less Berlin combo and the NY151 extension cab with the tweeter off and love this rig .

12. j@zz_b@ss

j@zz_b@ss Supporting Member

I use a 102 HF with my CMD102P.... killer rig and modular. I read lots of conflicting opinions on mixing speaker sizes so I just went with front ported 2x10 just like the combo itself and I couldn't be happier! I get tons of compliments about the tone and after about 100 gigs with my cover band I don't have any complaints!