1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

MarkBass 104HR (or HF) vs GK Neo 410 vs Genz Benz Uber 410

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by giantimi, Dec 5, 2013.

1. giantimi

giantimi Supporting Member

Hey there,

I recently got a Genz Benz Uber Quad 1288 and I really like the amp but I am thinking of upgrading to 4x10 cabinet. I have heard the MarkBass 104 HR(or HF, I can't remember) in person and I was blown by the articulation across the spectrum. However, I am willing to consider other options based on weight, articulation across mids, highs and lows and cost.

Because of where I live, I basically have to take a day trip to the closest guitar center or similar store to actually sit down and play any of these amps. I intend to, but in the mean time, I want hear to some of the opinions from this forum. Thanks!

Regards,

Emmanuel
  2. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

That Uber cab is awesome and since GB is going away, might be worth more later than it is now. My recommendation is to buy a second one for big gigs and stack them. :bassist:

If you need to sell the Uber in order to get the 410, then I would probably go with the GK or the Uber 410 because the GK is very solid for less money and the Uber is mighty for the kinda money needed to buy the Markbass.

Like I said before though, if you can afford it then buy a second Uber Quad 1288. That would give you the tone, power and flexibility that a 410 can't match.
  3. ack

ack Supporting Member

My only advice here is to call GC before you make your trek to try out a 104HF - I tried for months to try out a 102HF, but not a single GC store stocks them. The 104HF is a different story, but it's worth making a quick call.

Good luck
  4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

GB's Uber cabs are among my favorite all-time bass cabs. Since you already have an Uber-quad, I'd get a 2nd one, or a 115. Matched cabs for the win.