1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Markbass Amps and Pedals

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by MascisMan, Dec 2, 2013.

1. MascisMan

MascisMan

MB owners, in your experience, how well do the Markbass amps (specifically LMII/III) coincide with pedals (specifically Sansamp VT)?
  2. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

Great question as I have wondered the same about this exact pedal .

I have an extensive guitar pedalboard with vintage analog pedals sitting unused from my guitar era (' 69/ ' 07) but have really only plugged into my Berlin combo effectless.

The VT does sound like a good addition and I even wonder about trying some of my guitar pedals.
  3. elgecko

elgecko

One time, I ran my Zoom B3's Markbass emulator into my Markbass combo and it started snowing in my living room!

:bag:

J/K, bump for you!
  4. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

LOL! I tried that too with my LMIII just to see what it would sound like and it opened up a portal to another dimension!

As far as the OP's question I would say that Markbass amps sound great with pedals. Because the are very clean sounding amps they give you more of a blank canvas to work from. I have multiple presets on my B3 that I use frequently with my LMIII. I don't have a VT bass pedal but I do use the SVT emulator as well as the Tube Screamer sim.
  5. MascisMan

MascisMan

Cool deal.

I used to play a Markbass 102 combo a LONG time ago but never ran pedals through it.

Since then I have been using an 800RB and long for something new (maybe an LMIII). I also want to fool around with the VT DI and maybe a compressor but wasn't sure if the MB would be up to the task.