Markbass Amps and Pedals

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by MascisMan, Dec 2, 2013.

1. MascisMan

MascisMan

MB owners, in your experience, how well do the Markbass amps (specifically LMII/III) coincide with pedals (specifically Sansamp VT)?
  2. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

Great question as I have wondered the same about this exact pedal .

I have an extensive guitar pedalboard with vintage analog pedals sitting unused from my guitar era (' 69/ ' 07) but have really only plugged into my Berlin combo effectless.

The VT does sound like a good addition and I even wonder about trying some of my guitar pedals.
  3. elgecko

elgecko

One time, I ran my Zoom B3's Markbass emulator into my Markbass combo and it started snowing in my living room!

:bag:

J/K, bump for you!
  4. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

LOL! I tried that too with my LMIII just to see what it would sound like and it opened up a portal to another dimension!

As far as the OP's question I would say that Markbass amps sound great with pedals. Because the are very clean sounding amps they give you more of a blank canvas to work from. I have multiple presets on my B3 that I use frequently with my LMIII. I don't have a VT bass pedal but I do use the SVT emulator as well as the Tube Screamer sim.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MascisMan

MascisMan

Cool deal.

I used to play a Markbass 102 combo a LONG time ago but never ran pedals through it.

Since then I have been using an 800RB and long for something new (maybe an LMIII). I also want to fool around with the VT DI and maybe a compressor but wasn't sure if the MB would be up to the task.