Markbass CMD 102p - anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bassyourface, Jan 2, 2013.

1. bassyourface

bassyourface

my band is playing shows and I need a good amp... right now I have a old sonax 530B amp that distorts like a mother and has a jacked up jack.

I was looking at these markbass amps, I saw a one out at a show and it was rocking with great tone. I played one at GC and it was awesome but the price tag is making me think real hard...

any thoughts?

:bassist:

2. Russell L

Russell L

Forget the price, it's worth it. Be sure two tens will cover all your bases. Of course, you could add a matching cab, if needed. You won't regret playing Markbass, I bet. I love it (although I don't have that particular model).

3. Mulebagger

Mulebagger Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, Tsunami Cables, DR Strings, GK
    I had one for a bit. It was really convenient because of the weight and for quieter situations it was nice, but it couldn't carry medium to larger rooms without pa support or an extension cab. I found the speakers to have a ton of excursion so I used a Blue Sonus Compressor/limiter to calm it down and it helped some. I owned a few markbass combos and they all were lacking. The heads sound great and the combos sounded nice at lower volumes or with just bass.
    You may find them to be different, but for the price, there are other options that may offer you more volume and versatility.

4. darius8

darius8

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

I've had one for 5 years. Great amp. I'd also advise getting another cab to go with it eventually for bigger rooms.

I know a lot of folks say that you should never mix speaker sizes, but I pair a Traveler 115 with mine and I think it sounds great. Plus, you're taking advantage of the 500 watt head when you add the second cab. And if you don't want to "mix" sizes, just get another 210 cab.

[​IMG]