1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Markbass CMD121P SCORE!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by elgecko, Jan 17, 2014.

1. elgecko

elgecko

:hyper:

I've been searching for a Markbass New York 121 to go with my CMD121P. My morning routine is to check the net. This morning, I saw a Guitar Center used listing for a CMD102P with a picture of a CMD121P for cheap. :confused:

The CMD121P weighs exactly the same as a New York 121 with the added bonus of an amp. I called and verified that they mislabeled it so bought it for...are your ready for this?

$299.99

[​IMG]
  2. Barfly

Barfly

Holy Sh*t!
  3. PCR

PCR

4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Dang. That is a deal.
  5. dtsamples

dtsamples Supporting Member

The one in DE? Almost drove over to buy that today. I called to ask what was up with it and they said it was an "older model" and asked if I wanted to put it on hold. I balked at putting it on hold so:

You're welcome :D:bag::hyper:
  6. elgecko

elgecko

What's crazy is that next most expensive Markbass used item is a disembodied Combo Head for $329.99. I'm getting one of those PLUS a cabinet to go with my existing CMD121P! :hyper:
  7. elgecko

elgecko

Yes. The guy said someone called 10 minutes before me asking about it. That must've been you! :D

THANK YOU
    for not buying it!
  8. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

Smells like--victory.
  9. dtsamples

I does what I can, my TB amigo! Congrats on the sick deal!
  10. bccbass

bccbass

I thought I got a deal on one last month at $499.....at $299....I'm surprised the police didn't follow you home!
  11. PCR

PCR

You mean the one in Wilmington, DE?? I work just across the boarder. That's what I get for not checking the net today. :bawl:

Once again; Nice pick!
  12. elgecko

elgecko

It showed up today. It's hard to get excited...it's the exact same amp as the one I've had for seven years. It works great and in similar cosmetic condition to my existing amp. Now I have to rip the silly logo off then decapitate the head off one of them. w00t w00t! :hyper:

...and to comply with "no pic, no amp":

[​IMG]
  13. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Holy @#%$!!! What a score!
  14. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Nice...congrsts !
  15. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

You will get excited when you play through both of them. Added the NY151 to my Berlin and love the results .
  16. elgecko

elgecko

:mad:

I've been trying to pull the head out of the combo but it doesn't want to budge. I've removed the four bolts and even asked VST if there were any tricks. They said there weren't, it's just the four bolts. I even have a piece of sheet aluminum to make a new top for it.

Short of a BFH, anyone have any ideas?
  17. dtsamples

Send it to me I'll see i I can get it and then I won't disappear off TB neither
  18. elgecko

elgecko